Friday 15 June 2012

Electrician confirmed

When I was on my business trip earlier this week, my wife has been working hard to strip wall paper off.  According to her, all the bed rooms are done.  But the wall paper in the hallway, downstairs in the living room and dinning room is really difficult to strip.  She is not very tall, so tripping off the ceiling tiles is not a job for her.  It is for me.

The biggest progress today is the conversation with Tony the electrician.  He sent me his quote yesterday - £4,000.  It is not the cheapest quote.  But I remember talking to Tony.  He knows what he is doing.  So even though he is not the cheapest, I didn't rule him out.  We spoke on the phone.  I asked for reduction.  He talked to his business partner and agreed on a lower price but not low enough.  So I offered a slightly lower price.  He talked with his partner.  And they agreed.  £3,500.  I think it is a good price.

I need to send the plan to him.  I also need to remove the wall in the bathroom so he can get the electrical done.  I also need to get the plumbers confirmed quick.  I also need to strip the ceiling tiles.  Getting busy...

2 comments:

  1. Electricians are not called up on regular basis so it's essential to call a experienced electrician for household repairs . For more information you can view site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's an interesting site. Now, knowing how much an electrician charges for their service, I should probably become an electrician myself.

      Delete