Monday 4 June 2012

Getting to know another new neighbour

It's rainy today - just like what weather forecast has predicted.  I am glad that I has mowed the lawn yesterday.  But somehow I just want to go back to the house, although there isn't really anything need doing.  So I take Heather and Danna there in the afternoon.  The kids are really excited.  Heather already has seen a lot of snails, so she leads Danna to the garden.  They play together and leave me alone (most of the time).  That's nice.

As I spread some weed-killer on the lawn, Clive from next door come by to say hello.  I have seen his immaculate garden from upstairs.  I wish I could maintain my garden as well as he does.  He is really nice.  He did mowed the lawn of the front yard for me.  He invited us to see his extension tomorrow.  He also will give us information of the builder who did his job.  That's very helpful.

Later in the afternoon, I received another call from a builder called Harry.  He has strong Indian accent, and he is very confident.  He told me all of his builders are in house - that's why he is quick and inexpensive.  I do believe good management makes a difference.  Well, looking forward to see what Harry has to offer.

So tomorrow morning, we are going to see the kitchen guy, Harry the builder and the next door neighbour Clive.  So far, all of the neighbours are really nice.  Even though we haven't moved there yet, I feel we are already accepted.  I made some simple introduction cards which has our names and address.  It will make it easier for them to remember our names, especially mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment