Wednesday 27 June 2012

Slow down again

We were quite excited of our plan last week.  The plan was to take down the wall between the bathroom and the toilet.  We went to Selco after our Saturday routine to buy chisel, hammer and big buckets.  We also exam the loft over and over again to be sure that the house won't come down with the wall.  Then we drilled many holes on the wall.  That's when I realised that we might have problems.  It was very difficult to drill through the wall.  Much more difficult than what a builder suggested.  Then I started to use chisel to chip the surface off.  It was then clear that the wall was built with brick and concrete, not the plaster as a builder suggested.  It took us quite a long time to chip off a surface area of about one square inch.  We then have to give up.

You just have to pay the professionals for some certain work.

2 comments:

  1. In my experience the best tool for this work is a sledge hammer. Just need to remember to cover glass (w.g. windows) and ceramics (e.g. toilet, basin) in the range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. I learned very much during the project. I am confident enough to use heavy tools now. But I have't done anything like that before this project. Over cautious I was.

    ReplyDelete