Wednesday 6 June 2012

Keep calm and carry on !!!

I have to admit that I was too naive to have thought the project would be straightforward.  It is not complicated.  But even a very straightforward building renovation and extension project would be complicated to a property novice like me because of it's complex nature. 

At some points, my engineer's instinct kicks in and I couldn't help digging into the technical details of what they told me.  For example, I was told about the Megaflow system only a few days ago.  But I just couldn't resist my temptation of gathering information to understand how it works.  After so many hours on the internet, I am probably an expert among those amateur now.

Another problem is my perfectionist side would force me to worry too much for too little.  This is a home for the foreseeable future so I want it to be perfect.  But it is difficult when time and money are both limited - and even worse - when I don't know what perfect is myself.  So I start to worry about what if things go wrong; how can I prevent things from going wrong; and what if they still go wrong.  I am driving myself nuts.

Fortunately, I do not need to rush.  This is my only consolation.  With the other worries in my life, I should take this project easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment